Tuesday 26 February 2013

Welcome!

Blogging is something I've always wanted to do. Three of my best friends have blogs and I have always admired their ability to effortlessly write about their passion. My passion is development and travel and surely there is a lot to be written. So you might be wondering why I never gave it a try? and why now? Well, the lack of trying comes from the fear of being judged so I am thankful that my Marketing Professor finally pushed me to start my own blog and share my thought with you all- because trust me, I have a lot to share and learn.

This september I will be embarking on an 8 month field placement as a part of my undergraduate degree where I will be working with a non-for-profit organization. I am hoping to go to Vietnam, a country that I have never been to before. I am excited to experience the Vietnamese culture, make new memories, work for a cause and experience another part of life. I have no idea what is in store for me, but I know that this is going to defiantly be a life changing experiance. This may sound cliche but I really believe that I am going to 'find myself' on this journey.

I hope to share my journey with you through this blog. I promised to be open and honest. Your thoughts and comments are greatly welcomed and appreciated!

Happy Reading!

12 comments:

  1. Good luck on this endeavor, I can't wait to read more of what you have to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Can't wait to read more about your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, I'm excited to hear about your experiences Aalia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does the non-profit in Vietnam do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kingsley! The non- profit I hope to work with will be focusing on water conservation. However I am still not sure what organization I am working for. The University is still getting back to us on that. In the mean time check out my other blog post on pluralism and let me know what you think! As soon as I know where I am working I will be sharing it on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Aalia! Looking forward to hearning more about your experiences :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Nimet Aunty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hell of a bucket list. i concur with most of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck aalia:) your one and only A...

    You have worked so hard over the last 3 years, preparing for this journey: transferring your knowledge and skills into play...for a better future :)

    Im excited for you and want to hear all about it... once again good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish you all the best!! Will be watching this space.

    ReplyDelete